Over the weekend, I finally finished my cabled pullover! I've been sitting with this sweater in some form for so long that it almost feels strange not to have it on the needles. I started in January, so just under a year from start to finish with some major breaks to knit other things. First, this project was a huge learning curve. It was my first fully seamed sweater and when I started it I had only knit one other cabled project (a hat). I didn't pay much attention to fit with this project since I was simply trying to make all the pieces look relatively right and fit together into something resembling a sweater. I know some knitters are major fans of seaming, but honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it. By the time you're done with all that knitting, I kind of just want to call it instead of spending another week's worth of evenings sewing all those pieces together. I'm definitely not giving up on seaming, though, since I planned this as a "practice" sweater for Stonecutter (insert heart eyes emoji here).
My stitch gauge matched the pattern, but my row gauge ended up a little off, so I ended up with a much longer sweater than I expected. Honestly, I don't mind; it's ridiculously cozy and perfect for those deep winter days.
The only major snafu (other than a couple mixed up cables that only I will notice) was I needed one more skein of yarn that I had originally planned for. It wasn't in stock at any of the stores I bought the previous skeins from so I had to order it online. Wouldn't you know, it was obviously not the same dye lot. I checked Ravelry to see if I could find a stray skein but no luck. At this point I was over halfway done with the last piece of the sweater so I just decided to own it. Consider the dye lot lesson learned.
Overall, however, I'm really proud of this sweater. It's going to see lots of cozy snowy days this winter!
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Worsted in Seafoam
Pattern: Honeycomb Aran (free)