In the short time since I started Elizabeth Street, I've discovered a few resources that I absolutely love for running a creative business. You can find almost anything you want somewhere on the internet in today's world. However, wading through an ocean of free (and crappy!) stuff to find those quality resources that will make your work stand out can be overwhelming. Through my own research and by following other artists and makers in my field, I've discovered a few things I can't live without:
1. Skillshare | This is an online subscription-based learning platform with hundreds of classes to choose from. I highly recommend the lettering classes with Mary Kate McDevitt - it was her Introduction to Hand Lettering that got me started in hand lettering.
2. Creative Market | An online marketplace with fonts, graphics, templates all made by artists themselves. If you're looking for a resource to set you apart but don't have the time or skills to create it, check out Creative Market. I've purchased some textures & photo mock-ups that have saved me so much time!
3. Font Squirrel | Need a free font for commercial use? This is the perfect site for finding something a bit more high end and polished looking.
4. Squarespace | I used a Blogger blog for almost 4 years before starting Elizabeth Street. I knew I wanted something clean, minimal and professional and Squarespace absolutely met those requirements. It's not free, but I have complete control over what my website looks like and I don't have to mess with or worry about any of the back-end tech stuff (which I don't know anything about!). If you're looking for a way to build a website and don't know where to start I highly recommend Squarespace.
5. Death to the Stock Photo + Unsplash | Both of these are excellent stock photography sites with high quality images to choose from. I don't know what I'd do without these two - highly, highly recommend if you want images for blog posts or projects and don't have time to become a photographer on the side!
I'm not being compensated in any way to tell you about these resources, I just love them that much. Hopefully they will be as helpful to you as they were (and are) for me!